Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Learning to Let Go

Forgiveness can be a difficult thing to do for a lot of people, but forgetting is even harder.  When the hurt comes from a family member or a Christian it can be even more difficult to deal with so knowing what to say and what not to say becomes an issue.  

A gentle answer deflects anger, but harsh words make tempers flare.  Proverbs 15:1

Oh how hard choosing those gentle words can be, I become torn between showing my feelings and trying not to hurt the other person.  My inside crazy freak out woman says “Oh no you didn’t just say that...” While the Christian Mother says, “ Well now bless their heart, they don’t really mean that....”  So at times I become paralyzed and do nothing.  I let my mind go over every word, every past hurt, every past mistake and the downward spiral continues until I can apply the emergency break. 

Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Philippians 4:6
God is the emergency break. Realizing what is God’s job and what is your job will put the breaks on the emotional roller coaster. Being grateful for all God has done and will do for you will also apply the breaks- It is very difficult if not impossible to have a grateful heart and a tormented heart at the same time. 
When someone receives God into their heart, God doesn’t want to let them go.  He stays within our hearts always. 

Direct your children onto the right path, and when they are older, they will not leave it. Proverbs 22:6


A comforting verse, I know first hand it is true, I have seen it and lived it.  So I will learn to let go, forgive, forget and let God do His job....mine is simply to love, be available when needed & pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment