Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Cleaning Closets




I am packing,  again... how did we get so much stuff in just a year?  Seriously!  And if I carried it to Missouri two years ago and back to Florida a year later and STILL have not used it do I really need to keep it? Really there are broken things I swore I would fix and never did, scraps of paper in case I need it for crafting with the grand kids and ink pens! I have so many ink pens I will not need to purchase any for the rest of my life!  It really is ridiculous the junk closet, junk drawer, junk in the laundry room and junk on the counters in the garage- that were clean 6 months ago. Our closets get so filled with so much clutter that we loose things, as hard as we search for these items, we cannot find them until we clean out the clutter.  



Our lives are so like that…we search for God, try to hear Him, but until we clean out the clutter in out heads…… we will not "hear" Him.  Some things should be given away to bless someone else, like that beautiful dress hanging in the closet that has been there for 4 years….. (come on girl you know you will never fit into again); so should you pass on some knowledge or wisdom don't keep that for yourself.  Other things need to be thrown away, like the other beautiful dress that as the stain you swear you can get out, and 3 years later it is still in a wad on the closet floor, also throw out that baggage that is doing you no good at all and only brings you down whenever you think about it.  Perhaps it is an old friendship that you just need to let go of, you may be past the issue and just keep holding out that things will be the same again, the stain will not come out. There are time we need to throw out the thought that we can change the situation.

All this is renewing the mind Romans 12:2 tells us:

 "Do not conform to the pattern of the world; be transformed by renewing your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is-His good, pleasing and perfect will..."

So if we will clean out the clutter in our head we will be able to "hear' God and know His plan for us is:
Good
Pleasing
Perfect
It is a choice, keep the old or purge the old and renew….. 

I am trying to throw things away- really I am. If I don't succeed, you may see me on the next episode of "Hoarders", sigh....

No comments:

Post a Comment