Friday, September 6, 2013

A Father's Love


Thursday was a wonderfully happy day at our house; we welcomed our fifth grand baby.  She is beautiful, and the most alert newborn I have ever seen. She was 2 1/2 hours old, had a bath and diaper change, and fully alert as I held her. Her eyes wide open, perfect little pink lips pursed; she was staring up at me desperately trying to focus on my face to see where she was.  Then my son walks up and begins speaking to her; she turns her head to the familiar sound of her father’s voice; as he is   making promises to always love her and care for her. 
"My sheep respond as they hear My voice; I know them intimately, and they follow Me." 
John 10:27 The Voice
 Would you know God, our Father’s voice if He was speaking to you? Do you know that God has made the same promises to you that my son made to his newborn daughter?
Knowing God is not a religion, it is a relationship. A relationship built by spending time with God, learning about Him and His love for us through reading the bible. Sometimes God speaks through a feeling, or through circumstances. Sometimes it is a small voice in our heads. I have often prayed - 
“God I need to hear your voice, and please be clear because as you know, sometimes, I’m just not that bright.” 
Once you develop the relationship and know the character of God it will become easier to hear Him, but you have to watch and listen.
Just as my son promised to love and care for my new granddaughter, God has promises for you too- promises that could not be stated without Him loving  & caring for us.
"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. "' 
Jeremiah 29:11

Yes, Thursday was a happy day for this JjaJja.  I am excited to see where this new little one will go; I have this feeling she will be a world changer; I know she changed our world on Thursday.
Sweet Cece just 2 hours old

No comments:

Post a Comment