Thursday, September 12, 2013

Surrendering to God



Starting over is hard, and I admit a bit humbling to say the least. Realizing at fifty-__ (insert mumble here) that I (or we) have messed up our finances and I (we) need a second chance is tough.
Years ago God had checked my spirit with- “Get out of Debt.” We didn’t; instead we just tried to control our situation.  That didn’t work so we tied to manipulate things to our favor in order to force our agenda. All the while saying we had surrendered our life to God. That’s not surrender.
Surrendering is not a bad word; though we have associated it with weakness, surrendering to God takes a lot of strength.
Surrendering to God means this-
You will go where God asks without knowing where that will be.
You will wait for God's perfect timing without knowing when it will come.
You will trust God’s purpose without knowing the outcome.
You will expect a miracle without knowing how it is possible.
Be still. Be patient. Expect the Eternal to arrive and set things right. Don’t get upset when you see the worldly ones rising up the ladder. Don’t be bothered by those who are anchored in wicked ways. Psalms 37:7 The Voice
Once I realized I wasn’t fully surrendered and really started to let God take control of everything, including our finances, I had more peace about the stressful situation we had gotten ourselves into.  

So we start over, sold our house and will be renting a home. We are working on being debt free. I still tried to control the situation- and almost rented a larger more expensive home, but I surrendered to God’s urging and rented the smaller, less expensive one.  Sigh, I'm a work in progress.
Looking to make your home on Happy Peaceful Street? Try surrendering to Him instead of relying on yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment