Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Internal Storm

I hope you enjoy this piece I wrote today- It was great news for me yesterday when my Doctor told me the IL2 Treatments are working- though I will need more treatments I will make through - God is with me!!
 
The Internal Storm
Driving alone in the car I feel the inner storm begin to rise.
The pit of my stomach fills with butterflies. 
Thoughts roll through my mind, blowing in and out.
A sense of dread swirls about. 
My grip on the steering wheel tightens in anticipation;
as I pull up to the building I see my reflection.
 
“Calm down” I whisper “God is near”
“You know He promised He’d always be here.”
 
Seeing the Doctor has evoked this fear
But hearing his words was music to my ears.
“The treatment is working” he said with some joy.
 
Storm now evaded a smile comes to my face,
Thank you Jesus for your unending Grace!

No comments:

Post a Comment