Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Cancer update

I realized today that it has been a while since I updated on my cancer journey.  So here is the latest-

My last scan was  in April and showed a basic stabilization of all metastases, but there was one new growth in my lung.  My doctor was of the opinion that my body could not take anymore treatments of the  High Dose Interleukin 2 .  So the next option was a chemo pill.  Now I take Sutent once a day for 2 weeks off a week until August when I will have another scan.
Not without it's issues; fatigue, sore mouth, aching muscles & joints just to mention a few; at least with Sutent I am home unlike the HDIL2 where I was in the hospital for days at a time.  Sutent is a target therapy, each type of targeted therapy works a little bit differently but all interfere with the ability of the cancer cell to grow, divide, repair and/or communicate with other cells.  This treatment apparently has had great effect after the HD IL2 that I was taking, so I am very optimistic. 

Truly, I am optimistic.  I have from the beginning been so trusting that God has this under control.  I wear a bracelet daily that says "Fearless" to remind me that with God at my side I have nothing to fear. And just recently Mia Fieldes released her EP Ashes that has a beautiful song on it called .... you guessed it, Fearless.   Now not only the word and bracelet are my banner, but I have a song to walk with too, click here to listen to my new favorite song, Fearless By Mia Fieldes

Stay strong no matter your storm, we are Fearless in His presence, He is all around us.  I know at my weakness, He is strongest, because He surrounds me...Oh that song has so much meaning to me these days, I hope you are blessed by it too.  If you are head over to purchase Mia's EP Ashes on iTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment