Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Is it an earworm or is it God?


There is a song that has been playing in my head for the last week. Every morning I wake with the chorus playing over & over again. I do love the song, so I don’t mind.

If there’s a road I should walk

Help me find it

If I need to be still

Give me peace for the moment

Whatever Your will

Whatever Your will

Can you help me find it

Can you help me find it  
                Sidewalk Prophets


Two verses in Psalms come to mind when I hear this,
"Be still and know that I am God…” Psalms 46:20
"Your word is a lamp at feet, a light for my path." Psalms 119:105

Being still and trusting God on is a learned experience. Especially if you happen to be a person that likes to pick up the ball & run with it like me.  There were hard lessons along the road for me, some that cost me money, others my pride.
Now that I feel I am (for the most part) on the other side of that learning process I have a more “peaceful” spirit.
Do I fall back into the, “I can do it myself” mode? Yes occasionally I do, and sometimes what I think God is telling me is wrong.  I don’t always get it right, but that is OK.  
Usually when I have a song repeating in my head I'm sure God is trying to tell me something, like an earworm put there by God to get my attention...so the chorus has been my prayer;  I ask Him to help me find the path He has chosen for me. God already knows I'm not that smart sometimes,  Hummm, maybe that's why I hear a song for weeks on end- He's just makin' sure I get the message. 

No comments:

Post a Comment