Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Why Am I Here? Finding Your Purpose

Have ever asked yourself any of the following questions? Why am I here?  What is it that God wants me to do?  What is my purpose in life?
If you have been around the business world, you may have heard them speak of their "Mission Statement".  Have you ever thought that it might be useful to have one of your own?  It is an amazing self-discovery journey that can set you on a path of purpose, wade through some of the questions floating in your head about why you are here on this earth.  While some will tell you to create goals for your life and I agree, we all need to know for what purpose and vision we are setting these goals, in other words, "What am I trying to accomplish?".  You may be confused on how to work this all out, I was, well here is the simplest explanation I have heard.  The visualization makes it so much easier for me comprehend.

Let's imagine a set of nesting bowls nesting one inside the other, this is what they will represent:
Mission is the way to leverage your purpose
in order to accomplish your vision

1. God- The largest outside bowl is God holding everything together.

2. Vision - What you see, the legacy you would like to leave, the big picture.

3. Purpose- What you are passionate about or what you feel is the Calling God has given you.

4. Mission- The ways you will choose to fore fill the purpose

5. Goals- The small steps that you will take to fore fill the mission.

The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps. Proverbs 16:9
Tomorrow we will talk about questions to ask yourself, so come on back!

If you are feeling stuck in your life, I may be able to help!  I am now accepting new clients; contact  Field Trips in Life Coaching through this blog page! 


No comments:

Post a Comment